Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's All About Me! ~ A Blog For Those Who are Curious about Me.

I'm just another artist who is still deciding what I want to be when I grow up. One thing for certain, I always knew I wanted to be in show business. I was always drawn to it. Movies, Television, Theatre, Radio. At first I used to believe I simply wanted to be an actor. I never considered myself a very good actor, but it always looked like it was loads of fun.

I am television generation, and grew up in the best time there was when it came to TV. Shows then, had personality, great themes, cool cars, music, although looking back, some of it is a bit campy, but at the time, everyone wanted their own, Batmobile, Munsters Coach, MonkeeMobile. Or to fly on the spaceship Jupiter 2 or The Enterprise. We were treated to the most talented people in show business then. The Adventure shows, like Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Time Tunnel, Land of The Giants...(yes it's a Irwin Allen fest.) The Invaders, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Night Gallery. For our friends who loved the old west, we had, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Big Valley, High Chaparral. For Spy's we had, The Man From Uncle, I Spy, Yes even Get Smart!  Of course I can never forget Benny Hill!




















As I got older my love for all things show business never waned. I started writing after a trip to The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Over the years I've done it all. I've been an actor, a writer of scripts, plays for the stage, movies and novels. I've been a theatrical producer and owned my own Theatre.
Smiler's Comedy Playhouse. I've edited movies, and television, (my own mind you. Nothing you've heard of.) But now it seems my true love is the fact I accept I am a writer. I of course miss the laughter of a live audience when you're performing in a crazy knock about farce. But creating stories for someone to read is equally rewarding. It's always been my dream to simply write for a living. I am chasing that dream now.

Personally, I consider myself to be very lucky as I am a father of two wonderful adults. Yes they are no longer kids, they are full grown. One decided I need to be a grandfather. The nerve of that boy! Kidding aside, my life is complete though because of my wonderful wife Ashton. She is my best friend and my balance. I truly feel blessed!


So there it is a little about Thomas Amo, the author. Hope you enjoy my books, It's my sincere wish that you always walk away from one of my stories feeling your time was well spent.

Cheers and kindest regards,
Tom

2 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Aww, that was fun! It was good to get to know a little bit more about you. I'm a Star Trek fan. Huge fan. :)

Sammie Spencer said...

Love that pic of you and your wife!!! Very sweet!